Travel insurance for asthma
Travel insurance for Asthma
We at Insure for Travel Ltd are pleased to offer a simple and user friendly online application process for online travel insurance quote requests and purchases. Our system is designed specifically for travelers requiring insurance cover for pre-existing medical conditions, in particular for our customers with asthma. Our medical screening service will allow you to enter the necessary medical information in the comfort of your home and at your own pace. However, should you have any queries or would prefer for one of our consultants to go through the process or any part thereof over the telephone, we will of course be happy to assist you at no extra cost. With over 30 years of travel insurance experience and expertise, we use this vast knowledge to source the most competitive rates possible for our travel Insurance for asthma customers, as well as for a wide range of additional pre-existing travel insurance options. Should you be travelling for a city break in Europe, long haul to Asia or the USA, or perhaps on that long awaited Worldwide cruise of a lifetime, we are here to help.
Please remember when you are walking through our online medical screening process for travel insurance for asthma you will be required to answer a number of questions to include this medical condition to your travel insurance policy.
The following questions below are included:
• Have you ever had a diagnosis made of chronic airways disease (e.g. chronic bronchitis or emphysema)?
• How old were you when this diagnosis was made?
• How long ago was the date of onset of your breathing problem?
• How many medicines do you take for your respiratory condition (count each inhaler as one medicine)?
• How many hospital admissions have you had for your respiratory condition in the last year?
• Have you needed treatment in an intensive care unit for this condition?
• How short of breath do you get when you are walking on the flat?
• Have you ever been prescribed oxygen other than when you are in hospital?
• Have you ever been a smoker?
There are approximately over five million people with asthma in England alone. Asthma is a condition that affects our airways, the tubes that help carry our air in and out of our lungs can swell up and can restrict our breathing.
The main symptoms are:
• Tightness of the chest
• a shortness of breath
Allergens such as dust mites, hay fever, feathers to name but a few, also the common cold or flu can trigger such symptoms.
Stress can also bring on the above symptoms.
By taking medication prescribed by your doctor should alleviate these symptoms if taken regularly.
If you have the above medical condition and wish for the condition to be covered by your travel insurance policy for peace of mind . Please do not hesitate to contact us on the following number 01903 209903 and we will do our utmost to help you in any way we can.